Early Warning Signs: Your Child Needs an Orthodontic Check-Up
ARE YOU READY TO TRANSFORM YOUR SMILE?
Just like a doctor check-up, it’s important to make sure your child sees an orthodontist for a check-up too! It is recommended by the CAO and AAO that a child should have an orthodontic check-up by the age of 7.
In addition to the suggested age, there are warning signs that can indicate your child needs a check-up too. Here are a few signs our team at Unionville Orthodontics has outlined for parents to be aware of:
- Your child’s teeth are crowded or spaced too far apart.
- Your child has difficulty biting or chewing food.
- Your child’s jaw seems to be popping or clicking when they open and close their mouth.
- Your child has trouble breathing through their nose or mouth breathes more often than usual.
- Your child snores at night or has sleep apnea.
- Your child has persistent bad breath.
- Your child’s teeth are coming in at an unusual angle or they have a bite that is off-center.
- Your child has inflammation or bleeding of the gums.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s a good idea to take your child to see an orthodontist for an evaluation. Early intervention can often prevent more serious problems from developing down the road and can also make treatment more effective overall.
Book a Consultation
Our team at Unionville Orthodontics can help you determine if your child is a good candidate for orthodontic treatment and what the best course of action would be. We know each smile and each patient is unique. That’s why we personalize treatment based on your individual needs! Sometimes a child will not need orthodontic treatment, or will need to check back in later on. It’s best to have peace of mind that your child’s oral health and development is on the right track! Contact us today to schedule a consultation!